Thursday, June 17, 2010

Miss Information in the Crowsnest Pass

Had a call today from a taxpayer, who was very upset (to say the least) that he could no longer change his oil on his car at home. He was told in one of our local coffee shops it was all the fault of Council and the new Community Standards Bylaw.
Well I asked him if he had read the bylaw, to my surprise the answer was no. So I asked him to take a look at the Municipal Website have a read, especially of Section 13 and give me a call back.
Available at http://www.town.crowsnestpass.ab.ca/
About two hours later he called me back, he told me the source of his information obviously either did not understand the bylaw or misled him. (Hard to believe).
I would ask everybody to have a read of the bylaw, the intent was never to take away the opportunity for people to do anything on there property it was to clean up the community, should not be that big of a deal 95% of our taxpayers all ready follow the standards laid out by the bylaw.

No comments: