If you have any interest at all in the River Run properties please read the following first:
this package is available in much more detail on the municipal web site at the following address:
For the person that called last week about purchasing a lot and parking their RV on it please read #6.
INFORMATION FOR PUBLIC
TAX RECOVERY -RIVER RUN SUBDIVISION
PLAN 0714930, BLOCK 1, LOTS 17-97, 99-113, 117-119, 121-156
PLAN 0714930, BLOCK 2, LOTS 1-36, 38-68
PLAN 0714930, BLOCK 3, LOTS 2-22, 24-69
EXCEPTING THEREOUT ALL MINES AND MINERALS
ALL THAT PORTION OF THE STATUTORY ROAD ALLOWANCE ADJOINING THE EAST
BOUNDARY OF THE SOUTH EAST QUARTER OF SECTION 3 TOWNSHIP 8 RANGE 4
WEST OF THE 5TH MERIDIAN LYING SOUTH OF THE PRODUCTION ACROSS SAID ROAD ALLOWANCE OF THE SOUTH LIMIT OF ROAD PLAN 8410909 AND NORTH OF THE
PRODUCTION ACROSS SAID ROAD ALLOWANCE OF FLOODED AREAS ‘B’ AND ‘C” ON
EXCEPTING THEREOUT: ALL THAT PORTION WHICH LIES WITHIN SUBDIVISION PLAN
EXCEPTING THEREOUT ALL MINES AND MINERALS
(the “River Run Lands”)
In response to inquiries about the tax recovery process, the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass (the “Municipality”) advises all members of the public of the following:
1. The River Run Lands are within a legal subdivision, but are physically located within a large unimproved area. The entire area and each individual lot are unserviced. There are no roads and no ability to connect to utilities including water, sewer, electric, gas.
2. In May 2007, the cost estimates to complete the servicing infrastructure was $9.55
3. Under the terms of the existing development agreement, the developer is responsible for installing or paying for the installation of all services. The developer is in breach of these terms of the development agreement. The developer is bankrupt and its corporate status is inactive.
4. The Municipality does not have a legal obligation or plan to develop or service the River
Run Lands, and does not intend to do so as a municipal undertaking.
5. Because of the developer’s breaches of the development agreement, the Municipality has issued stop orders preventing further development. These stop orders are registered on title to each individual lot in the River Run Lands. The Municipality will not discharge the stop order until a suitable arrangement is made to fund and complete the necessary servicing by someone other than the Municipality.
6. As a result of the zoning of the River Run Lands, the Municipality cannot issue a development permit for the use of the lands. Practically, this means that a potential purchaser of the River Run Lands cannot erect any permanent or temporary structures or buildings on the lands, cannot park or store any vehicle, equipment or materials on the lands, or otherwise use the lands until the breaches in the development agreement has been remedied, and the servicing infrastructure has been installed.
7. The Municipality is not the owner of the River Run Lands. The Municipality is not a developer respecting the River Run Lands. The Municipality is offering the River Run Lands for sale under the authority the Municipal Government Act. Pursuant to the Municipal Government Act, the Municipality has a legal obligation to offer the River Run Lands for sale by public auction to recover the property tax arrears. The Municipality’s sole purpose for conducting the public auction of the River Run Lands is to recover property tax arrears.
8. There are other relevant and material facts that a potential purchaser of the River Run
Lands should review and be aware of. These facts may be obtained from documents on
the following databases:
Alberta Land Titles Office, Certificate of Title
Available online at: www.spin.gov.ab.ca
Alberta Environment’s Environmental and Sustainable Resource Development’s Site
Repository (ESAR), Environmental Site Assessments:
Available online at: http://esrd.alberta.ca
The Energy Resources Conservation Board’s Abandoned Well Viewer
Available online at: www.ercb.ca
The Municipality of Crowsnest Pass’ website, Additional Documents:
Available online at: http://www.crowsnestpass.com
IMPORTANT: The parcels of land are being offered for sale on an “as is, where is” basis
and the Municipality makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever as to
the adequacy of services, soil conditions, absence of presence of environmental
contamination, or the developability of the subject parcels of land for any intended used
by the purchaser. No bid will be accepted where the bidder attempts to attach conditions
precedent to the sale of any parcel. No terms and conditions of sale will be considered
other than those specified by the Municipality of Crowsnest Pass. Bidders will be required to sign a registration form indicating “Important Procedure Information”.
ALL INTERESTED PERSONS ARE "STRONGLY" ENCOURAGED TO ADVICE FROM A
LAWYER ABOUT POTENTIALLY PURCHASING THESE LANDS