Monday, February 9, 2009

Development in the Crowsnest Pass

First of all I have received numerous phone calls and emails regarding development in the Crowsnest Pass. I have also had a number of people direct me to a Canadian Business on line thread that is circulating right now. Do I have my own opinions of what's going on? of course. But being an elected councilor of the Crowsnest Pass I can only comment on what I know to be facts. Which with nothing being official coming out yet leaves me very little I can say.
But a couple of comments I will make and let me be clear:
"I Councilor Dean Ward have not ever been an employee of a developer that has had any business dealings in the Crowsnest Pass"
Also at this time I will not be commenting to, or answering any questions regarding any other member of council that has been an employee of a developer. If you have issues with any other individual that has been involved with any developer take those issues up with that person not myself. Even though I understand peoples frustrations, please do not be calling myself in a very anger tone I will only be responsible for my own actions.

5 comments:

Pot Shots said...

If you do not care for attitudes being on the harsh side,I would suggest not leaving your column with an ultimatum style smarm like you did on your last post. Of course taxpayers do not want a 7.75% tax increase, but being in your position is no excuse for bullying with quotes like that... Thats just asking for it.

Crowsnest Pass Home said...

Sorry Pot Shots, I received a very rude call yesterday from somebody I assume that as a lot of money invested here. They were of the impression that I was the councilor that worked for a developer, then I received a second rude call from a person in a similar position.
My comment about the 7.5% at the end of my previous post. I getting the feeling from some of my fellow councilors that going to 7.5% increase instead of making difficult choices would be acceptable to the taxpayers of the Crowsnest Pass (in their minds). I by the way do not agree with a 7.5%it is to much

crowsnest views said...

Why on earth would someone who was an employee of a developer be allowed to stay on council? Even being excused from topics involving the developer is still a blatant conflict of interest!!!!!!!

John Prince said...

Dean,

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Our condolences to Debbie, you and your families.

John & Diane

Crowsnest Pass Home said...

Thanks John and Diane, I truly appreciate those comments