Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Results of latest polls, Recycling and Garbage limits in the Crowsnest Pass

Very Interesting results on my latest polls.

Firstly I asked:

Should the Crowsnest Pass change its 5 bag limit on garbage?

With the options of:
No its fine 10 votes
No limit at all 2 votes
Yes to 4 bags 0 votes
Yes to 3 bags 7 votes
Yes to 2 bags 13 votes

Clearly the message I received from this poll was that a strong majority almost two thirds feel that there should be a significant reduction (notice nobody voted for 4 bags) to either 3 or 2 bags from the present five bag limit.

Second I asked:

Crowsnest Pass presently spends $90,000 per year on recycling is that adequate?

The options were:
Yes 10 votes
No we should spend less 4 votes
No we should spend more 6 votes
Get rid of it all together 2 votes

The strong majority on this poll clearly tells me that the voters have no interest in spending more money on recycling.
When you combine the results from the two polls it says in my opinion if we can be smarter with our garbage and increase the amount of recycling we do by throwing less away, residents would be interested as long has it does not increase the cost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't make any decisions based on these straw polls of yours.

I can vote from 5 different computers, these polls are meaningless.

Crowsnest Pass Home said...

I only post here issues that people have raised with me over the last few weeks.
The information I post is provided hopefully to answer questions raised by those people and to sometimes create debate.
Yes I know that people can vote a lot of times, but do I take positions based on just what I see in these polls of course not.
That would be as silly as councilors past or present who take positions because they sat in a coffee shop, and because people were too intimadated to argue with them they assume that is what people want.