Thursday, August 13, 2015

Annexation the answer? Why not?

I was recently asked why we had dropped the previous council's proposal to annex part of  the MD of Ranchlands.

I will comment more shortly but in the mean time I would draw your attention to the following links:

The first link provides numerous examples where annexation as been successful, if you click on the board order number it provides all the background on each annexation.

http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/abc_MGB_annexations

Please pay special attention to the following in particular Appendix "B" on Page 22:

http://www.municipalaffairs.alberta.ca/documents/mgb/MGB_Annexation_Rules_-_Jan2013.pdf


2 comments:

TransparencyCNP said...

I would like to know why this is a secret. Yes, I know, you voted to discuss it in camera but it is illegal to go in camera unless there is personal information, commercial secrets, active litigation, etc involved.

Crowsnest Pass Home said...

"A secret" I am not grasping your comment it's not a secret we told the whole world we were dropping annexation.