Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Common misconception on municipal voting Day

Well now the race as began I have an issue that as been brought up to me the last two elections and was brought up with me again yesterday before the ink was even dry on the nomination forms.
The misconception is that when you are voting for councilors you have to vote for six.
This is not true you can vote for any number between 1 and 6.

The danger with this misconception is that I have had people tell me that they knew three people that they wanted to choice and then filled out the other three spots with names that were familiar to them.
By taking this approach especially when you have a lot of candidates running and the vote being spilt many ways, you could be helping to defeat the candidates that are important to you.

So please keep in mind if there are six candidates that you think will do a good job for you vote for six, but if you think there is only two then vote for two.

Last election there was only ten votes between the top four candidates, a few mistaken votes here and there could make a difference.
Imagine if a candidate you were really pushing for lost by 1 or 2 votes to a candidate that you picked just to get to six.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Very good post. Do you mind if I quote you on my own site?

Crowsnest Pass Home said...

Not at all
Give me your address Brian I would like to check it out

Good Luck