Friday, March 15, 2013
Mayor's Task Force on the Economy of the Crowsnest Pass
Going back to the Mayor's Task Force on the Economy released on May 24,2011.
I find it very curious that on Page 3 of the report it states the following: "Of the 29 actions presented in the action plan, the task force believes the three most important actions are"
1. One unified community pulling together in mind and spirit to attract new economic opportunities.
2. Hiring an Economic Development Officer to lead the implementation of the Plan.
3. Gaining clarity regarding the timing and route for the Highway 3 realignment.
How do you think they are doing on those three priorities so far?
1. What kind of job have they done unifying the community?
2. How many months does anybody think the EDO will have to implement this plan prior to the election.
Out of the blue there is an EDO job posted on the Municipal site just six months prior to the election and Council requests a supper date with Community Futures to discuss the local economy.
3. Are we all clear on the timing and route of the Highway 3 realignment?