- The new Image, we are in the process of spending in excess of $300,000 to put in place the new brand, logo, banners etc.
- The hidden “tax” Franchise Fees have increased from $295,000 in 2010 to almost $700,000 in 2013
Centre the Mayor announces in his Mayor’s Corner
Oct 17,2012“The new Hotel, Restaurant truck stop complex is a go!” June 25,2013Council is informed that Medican has backed out of the hotel deal July 23,2013Council votes to pay $50,000 to purchase Best Western name for Group Vachon.
- Sept 2013, Workplace Assessment Report “"While many express that this relationship has, historically, not been "perfect", the theme is that, currently, the relationship is the "worst it has ever been". “The majority of employees indicated they are experiencing significantly high levels of stress in this workplace. Longer term employees stated "morale is lower than they can remember".
- We now have the largest and most expensive administration in our history the Russell Farmer report recommends “The municipality continues to rationalize its operations looking for opportunities to create greater efficiencies and effectiveness not only in operations but in administration as well”
- Russell Farmer identifies crucial areas of
concern “High rate of turn over in management particularly the
CAO, and the impact of the high rate of turn over on the municipality’s ability to provide effective and efficient service” In the last three years we have had three CAO’s plus seven other changes in various administrative positions the most in any term of council since 1979.
- Russell Farmer crucial area of concern “Communication within the organization and with residents which has resulted in a lack of trust in the community and in the organization”.
- Russell Farmer High Tax Rate; “
’s mill rate has increased by 8.3 percent in the past two years which is a significant increase in the mill rate” Crowsnest Pass March 6,2012Thunder in the Valley is deferred for one year
- October 2012, Fire Chief terminated, large numbers of volunteers leave the Fire Department
- Budget 2013 Council after a significant miscalculation on the assessment base eliminates the $100,000 commitment to the York Creek Lodge to balance the municipal budget.